Goal Based Financial Planning helps you to achieve your set goals through proper financial planning and investment. A goal-based financial plan can ensure financial security and help you to achieve your desired goals at every stage of your life. Buying a house, children’s higher education and marriage, retirement planning are some of the goals that every investor has.
Steps Involved in Goal Based Planning
These are some of the steps involved in getting started with your goal based planning –
- Setting your goals: One must lay out goals at every stage of their lives evaluating expenses and keeping inflation in mind.
- Proper budgeting: Assessing one’s expenses, liabilities, and assets to frame a budget so that one can save and invest systematically.
- Determining your risk appetite: Taking too much risk may result in losing your hard-earned money. Therefore, it is very important to plan and assess your risk appetite to achieve your financial goals.
- Allocation of assets: Returns and risks are interrelated. The higher the return, the higher is the risk involved therefore, one must invest in the right assets depending on his goals and risk appetite.
- Investment plan: After determining the risk appetite and allocating assets, this is the final step of financial planning. Once you calculate how much to invest and save, you can achieve your financial goals.
Why Is Goal Based Planning Important?
Setting goals can let you organize your time and resources more effectively to make the most of your life. Moreover,-
- Budget and Savings: If one can keep a track of every small and large expense, he can save a lot more by reducing careless expenditure.
- Investing in a disciplinary manner: By investing in monthly SIPs and rebalancing portfolios regularly, one can invest in a disciplinary manner.
- Reduce Debt: Financial planning in advance can reduce debts or refrain oneself from taking loans.
- Saving Taxes: One can save taxes by planning the 80C deductions earlier.
It is recommended to take professional help in making an investment plan according to your goals. Book your free consultation with us today!